A Three-Phase distribution transformer is an electrical transformer that is used to carry electrical energy from a primary distribution circuit to a secondary distribution circuit. This can also be used to transfer current to a secondary distribution circuit or to the service circuit. These transformers minimize the voltage supply of the primary circuit to the amount of voltage desired by the consumer. The amount of this voltage keeps on changing and can be different for commercial consumers, residential consumers and light industry consumers.
These can work at different voltage and frequency levels according to the standards prevailing in the various countries.
Other Details :
- Distribution transformers can be single-phase or three-phase.
- Usually, single-phase transformers are used for residential applications.
- The three-phase transformers with a pad installed on them are used with an underground primary circuit, whereas three single-phase pole-type transformers are used for overhead services.
- Tapping: OFF Circuit & On Load Tapchanger As Per Customer Specification
- Impedence: In line with applicable standards
- Phase: Three Phase
- Brand: Padmavahini Transformers
- Winding Material: Copper
- Primary Voltage: 11 kV, 22 kV, 33 kV
- Ratings: Upto 5000 kva
- Frequency: 50 Hz, 60 Hz
- Applicable Standards: IS, IEC, BS etc.,
- Secondary Voltage: 433 v
- Voltage Regulation Type: Off-circuit voltage regulation
There are some distribution transformers, which can also offer network services. They are usually mounted in an underground vault. In this type of transformers, power is supplied through underground cables.
One of the advantages of distribution transformer is that they have excellent capacity to withstand overloads.